Tuesday, April 15, 2008

This Week

I've spent a lot of time so far linking to groups and people who are on the "I question the safety of vaccines" side. As a parent, I also have many questions about the diseases themselves, and if it's even safe for me to consider not vaccinating. I'm not crazy, and I don't want my child to get sick with something that could kill or permanently harm him, if there's a vaccine that can safely protect him from it (key word: safely). I mean, that would be nuts. I hope to get more into that topic in coming posts.

This week, I really need to take time at home to research the pros and cons for the diseases and respective vaccines for my son's upcoming doctor's appointment.

Entire books have been written on this subject, so I don't expect my blog to cover it all completely.

And let me say again, just to be clear, that this blog is just one person's quest for information. I am not here to give medical advice; I am not qualified to do so. I am not claiming to be an expert. I'm just, let's say, opening the lid on a large Pandora's Box of questions and chronicling what little I can. Hopefully it will be helpful not just to me, but to others who have the same questions.

No comments: